


Made a fantastic stack yesterday! Look at these beauties.We need to have a hearty breakfast before footy, which inconveniently starts with warm up at 12 noon.
When we get up in a relaxed fashion at around 8.30, there's not really time or inclination for lunch beforehand, so we've taken to having a slap-up late lunch, usually with my Mum & Dad after the game. It's excellent, but not so flash for the FAT.
I think it's nice to get together with food, and a late lunch just screams CAKE to me. The good thing is that we don't really need Sunday dinner. (especially after all that cake) Yesterday I made a roast potato & chorizo frittata. Then we scoffed a choc chip and berry pound cake from the Everyday In The Kitchen book. It was still a little bit warm. We ate it in the backyard of our friends' house while watching highlights of Eurovision.
I know I haven't mentioned this yet. Mackie has been a vegetarian by choice for the past two years and we were convinced that he would never go back to eating meat. He has not TOUCHED anything even remotely meaty in all that time. Challenging for the chief cook round these parts, but still a stand point I think worth respecting.
You could have knocked me down with a feather a couple of weeks ago, when he announced at the late lunch table "I had a sausage in bread after footy"
Since then, the floodgates are open and every meaty treat he has denied himself for the past two years has become a request. Grandad's guacamole which has chunks of fried bacon in it...roast lamb...spaghetti with meatballs...ham sandwiches...chops!
They keep you on your toes, don't they? Now if I could only convince Pepper to eat pasta or rice, my life would be easy.
No comments:
Post a Comment