Sunday, February 17, 2008

ELEVEN



I can hardly believe it.
I have an eleven year old child. A walking talking individual on the cusp of teenager-hood.
Perhaps it's because I'm an only child, or because I'm a neurotic flake, or I have given birth to the spawn of Satan...twice (sorry Dave, I'm sure that's not it) or just possibly because I "suck" at it, but I have always found the parent thing pretty hard.
Maybe I'm just an approval-seeking whinger.
Anyway forget all that, because today I have an ELEVEN year old. He's great and gorgeous and clever and FUNNY. He gives fantastic hugs and draws awesome cartoons and can entertain himself for hours with just a mirror.
I love him.
Here he is wearing his new ultra cool shades. If he could keep that beautiful kid-a-licious smile off his face he would look very tuff.
Happy Birthday Mackie. You ROCK!!

No comments: