Tuesday, December 6, 2011
super productivity-o-rama!
Yes I HAVE been madly quilting. I have been very happily slicing and dicing my way through the stash.
I have photographed the darlings like drunken Aunties falling down the stairs (or drunken Mums...) and I realise I will never earn any points for modesty because I just adore the bright colourful loveliness of them all and am proud to show them off.
I worked my fingers to the bone over the past weekend. I started a quilt, the last rainbow one with the centre cross, last Thursday; machine pieced and hand quilted. It's intended as a gift from my workplace to give a gorgeous staff member leaving this week to have her first baby.
I finished it yesterday and popped it into the wash with the two previous completed works. They gaily dried in the afternoon sunshine.
I have been pretty baby mad lately, addicted to watching the tv show "One Born Every Minute" and delighting in every amazing new life bursting into the world. At the end of each episode I sigh and say mock seriously "I just want another baby". Of course I don't really but I am becoming more aware of my big kids getting ever bigger and missing those wondrous early days and weeks and months that I wished away so vehemently when I was in the midst of the chaos.
So baby blanket quilting is as close as I'm likely to get and if I one day get to cuddle one of these babes I will be over the moon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment