Tuesday, October 5, 2010

painter man

This is a brief ode to my new favourite person in the whole world. He is Painter-Man and he spent the day at my house today. Well I wasn't here but HE was and that's the most important thing. I'll tell you a little (everything) about our relationship to date.
He left me a business card on the doorstep last Wednesday. I called him and left a message. He called me back half an hour later. He was friendly and nice.
He arranged to come over on Monday to discuss my needs....but first ring.
He rang on the dot of the designated time.
He arrived at my doorstep half an hour later.
He was still friendly and VERY tall.
He said he would arrive at approximately 7.30 am today.
He did. He brought two friends (other painter-men). He introduced them.
"hello" "hello"
He started work.
I went to work, kids went to school.
I got home at 5.50 pm and he was still here WORKING!!!!!
"See you at 7.30 tomorrow" he said "I'm planning to be finished by Saturday"
Swoon. A tradesman who will rise to the very pinnacle of his profession I am sure. He gives tradesmen a good name. No crack.

No comments: