
Making toffee with the kids and watching Mackie defrosting the freezer, catching up with the washing and wishing I had a hot cup of coffee wrapped in my frozen little fingers.
I have just been to visit my blog and many of my favourite blogs for the first time in a while.
The first surprise I discovered was that someone has left comments on a number of my posts. That someone's comments are composed of links to chinese porn. Don't bother following any of those links, unless of course you enjoy that particular form of entertainment (??) I have now disabled my RECENT COMMENTS widgety thing in disgust.
Then, because of what's been going on with me, I'm going to share this quote that brought me to tears.
"There are things that we don’t want to happen but have to accept, things we don’t want to know but have to learn, and people we can’t live without but have to let go."
Anon.
I read this quote on Jacinta's one little acorn blog. You can read about the heart-breaking reason for it's inclusion on her blog here.
For me..within a period of 4 months, I have let go my own father and suddenly last week D's father also. From being a blissfully death-ignorant kid to being the closest authority on the subject is a very steep climb. I never imagined that my experience would be called upon so soon. But I was sincerely touched by my mother-in-law's gratitude. I have never felt as though I had anything of real worth to offer her, until now. My poor kids have lost both their Grandfathers at the beginning of each of the past school holidays. It doesn't seem fair and yet it is just a small touch of a harsh reality compared to the experience of others.
No comments:
Post a Comment