





I have continued on my non-blogging but fete-crafting way of late.
I have been hanging out in my head (quite dull & echoey) and enjoying the snap & buzz of the beginning of retail christmas. Things are busy as they always are at this time of year.
I had a fabulous weekend away with some of my quality laydee friends. We left town on a Friday night and stocked up on trashy mags. We walked on the beach, had a few wines and lots of talking. We turned up the music and cavorted drunkenly around the lounge room. It was hysterical.
The next night we cooked a huge spectacular fishy, ate ourselves silly, more drinks and played some kind of game like "celebrity heads", until they was not a drop of wine left, not a chocolate nor a dry eye in the house.
In the morning only one chickadee was up early to enjoy the sunrise view from the enormous windows and while we other slobs were just rolling over for a bit more shut-eye, the call was heard....THERE'S A WHALE!!!!!! Well I'm surprised no one seriously injured themselves, tumbling with closed eyes and headaches knocking, down the steps into the lounge to see the wondrous sight.
Not only did the whale cruise in a leisurely fashion to and fro in front of our window for an hour, but as we were watching, a huge storm front blew over dumping rain and amazing us with a rainbow show big enough to span the whole ocean! We felt blessed. Great company, incredible sights and peace & quiet to enjoy and appreciate it all.
Today is Father's Day AND my Dad's birthday and for the first time ever, I don't have a Dad. It left me a bit befuddled. I wanted the kids to shower THEIR Dad with love and attention, but I didn't really feel like doing much to help them. So, sadly they didn't exactly jump sensitively to the party. They didn't want to "help" me make brekky in bed. They wanted to go out to our thriving cafe strip for brekky, so we did. And then they wanted to go to the movies to see "UP", so we did. I think D was happy to avoid the "active family" outing (bike ride/big walk/ice skating) in favour of early movie for the kids and then an afternoon watching the footy. So, while it felt very emotionless and self-serving, it worked. We went to MY Dad's house and we watched footy and I got to potter around in his studio and mentally be with my memories (interspersed with adjudicating extreme sibling squabbling). And MY SAINTS triumphed. And we could hear the roar of the crowd from the backyard.
So it was good.
Here are some tiny little purses that you could buy from the St Kilda Primary Fete Craft Stall on Sunday October 18th. They will be a bargain because we want to sell everything (and there is a LOT of handmade love) and it is for a really nice school with a beautiful friendly vibe and a passionate crafting community.
No comments:
Post a Comment