Monday, June 22, 2009

more sunny monday



It was so beautiful today I felt inspired to photograph my lunch. Look, my eggs seem a little overdone, but when I cut into them they were perfect!
Still a tad runny.
So delish.
I made a yummy salad tonight as well. How good am I?
It had blanched snow peas, chick peas, coriander, red onion with crumbled feta and a little mixed lettuce. Lemon juice and olive oil dressing. With some very tasty snags. From ALDI.

On Saturday morning I was trying to encourage the kids to get out of their jimjams and get on with the day. Earlier I had slightly rearranged the bedroom, turning the big desk around from under the window to running out (from the window) into the room. It divides the room a little more and more obviously defines their "space".
But the lovely thing I witnessed was both kids USING the table from their respective sides.
Well Mackie had tipped out his container of textas (lots) and was methodically and painstakingly putting them in rainbow order.
It reminded me of how much I loved the meditative process of sorting, especially colour.
So this afternoon, I did a little bit too. Of course I messed it all up again. Don't want anyone to think I have strange uncontrollable compulsions.

Mackie taught Pepper how to play backgammon sitting up at the table too. It was very sweet. Then she taught me to play tonight.
Trying to butter me up just before we read her report! Super good report it was too.

1 comment:

Jo said...

Aaah. Nothing better than watching siblings actually enjoying each others company. Lovely.