







I know a lovely chick. She is pregnant with a very long awaited baby.
After I finished the Lorna quilt, Sheri surprised me with the news that there is a special, cherished bun in the oven.
I always need to imagine the recipient of a project before I can get really stuck into it.
So, I sent all my good baby growing vibes to her and launched into this little quilt with gusto.
I only used scraps from the stash, and was careful to keep it gender neutral. It is browns, whites, creams and browns and quilted in white perle cotton in big, medium and small circles (like bubbles in the baby-growing capsule! Can you say amniotic fluid without people cringing in disgust?)
So I finished it in haste because there were limited opportunities for passing something like this on.
My photos were taken on the kitchen bench in low light and they are woefully bad.
Luckily the finished product is more appealling in the flesh.
No comments:
Post a Comment