Saturday, December 20, 2008

dumpster diving etc





We live in a street with a florist on the corner.
On Wednesday night they put out their dump master. Sometimes I have a little peek in there to see what they're chucking out and once or twice we have been v. lucky to find beautiful blooms only just past their prime. This week Pepper insisted that we have a look and we hit a jackpot of giant rose bunches. There were blushing pink ones & creamy butter yellow ones. First you see the jaw dropping mass of them, then the select few that made it into a vase. They only lasted a couple of days and I nearly filled the whole wheely bin with the bruised, slimy or smelly ones.
The very next day I stopped by to steal a lemon from my neighbour's tree and as they are away until Feb, I thought it was my duty to prune back a few of the glorious hydrangeas in their yard.
Check 'em out!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

someone has to

karen said...

those hydrangeas are gorgeous! theyd be enough to brighten anyones day. i love that you save flowers from the dumpster, how fun:)