Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Life resumes!




Well it's been a week since my guy got home safely. Is it icky or uncool to love and miss someone lots and be ever so excited to have them back?
Co-dependent?
I think not.
I'm so happy, our family is once again united. It's not as if we are the most active, "do stuff", play together & stay together types, but I just love my husband's company.
I feel so much more switched on when he's here.
Gotta do this, get that finished, boring stuff like make the dinner, fold the clothes, cuppa tea...
Things were a little formless without him. I need an audience. Without one, it's pretty hard to get motivated to do some of the more mundane yet necessary things.
So, now I've finished the baby quilt for little James. Noice! I'll give it at a family "do" on Sunday.
I've done the invites for my friend's 40th and the invites for my father-in-law's 80th (made the catering arrangements for the 80th luncheon).
I bought a new crockery set for my 40th with gift vouchers. I love it! It's so plain and white, but that's a delayed reactionary move after living with BLACK ARCOROC (?) OCTAGONAL stuff since I moved out of home at 19. I didn't buy a pack, just 8 dinner plates, 8 side plates, 8 little dessert/cereal bowls and 8 pasta/soup bowls. SO nice.
We went ice-skating at the Olympic rink in Oakleigh on Sunday. It was exactly as I remembered it from 25 years ago! Right down to the frigging uncomfortable skates & extreme foot pain! But it WAS fun.
Have you been to Hudson in Carlisle St, Balaclava, to see Jhoanna's fabulous display of beautiful woodland folk and fawns? She is one super talented gal and deserves EVERY success and her creations the adoration of millions. Such superb craftspersonship.
Gotta go read to kids...100 Cupboards (good but it's taking us an age to finish) See Ya.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So wonderful to read how much hubby means to you and the family :-) So sweet!

Thank you for the kind words and the plug for the show. I'm so happy to know that you have enjoyed walking past it on your way to work :-)

Stacey said...

I think its lovely and not at all icky.
I miss my husband terribly when he goes away and get very excited on his return.
I too tend to lose a little bit of momentum (particularly on the cooking front)when he's not around.
*sigh*

Victoria said...

Sigh. It's such a nice quilt.
Yes, it's true - we all need an audience!