Friday, October 5, 2007

flashback fridays


Here's one of the only photos I have of my maternal grandparents. It was taken in our garden during their visit to Australia from Scotland.
Sadly, because of the enormous distance between us, I never really had a relationship with them and I can't come up with any "nana wisdom"
Still, it's a cute photo. Look at my Nana's funky shirt and specs! And my Mum..what can you say..she has great style! I was an early adopter of moccasins too.
So, it's Friday again and the final weekday of the school hols, and the sun's shining.
We're going to see Hairspray, I'm going to do some washing and I'll be working on the "shades" in every spare minute.
Do you ever agree to do something then wonder what the hell you've got yourself into???

4 comments:

Jo said...

All The Time !!!
Story of My Life !!!

Enjoy the last day of the holidays. I'm just wondering what little adventure we will get up to today?

Anonymous said...

Great story and yes love all your great clothes, slippers included.
I know what you mean about getting yourself into things. You can't "promise" kids anything can you.
We are right in the middle of our holidays.

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Oh your Mum - natural style! Love your Nana's specks.

JK said...

Seeing Hairspray on Wednesday - was it great? I think I am the oldest Zac Efron fan so I'd be happy even if the movie was crap!