Tuesday, September 11, 2007

playing tag!


Well, I wasn't planning to blog tonight, not having anything too interesting to waffle on about, but then I discovered that Miss Cinti had tagged me. EEEEEKK!

I won't be able to come up with 8 blogs to tag....most of the blogs I love reading have played tag already I think.

a.Each player lists 8 facts/habits about themselves.
b.The rules of the game are posted at the beginning before those facts/habits are listed.
c.At the end of the post, the player then tags 8 people & posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves them a comment letting them know that they have been tagged & asking them to read your blog.

READY...SET...GO!!


1. I am the sort of person who will tell you the most excruciatingly personal information about myself if it seems pertinent to the conversation. Even if I don't know you very well... This may make more inhibited folks feel uncomfortable on my behalf, but it's ok with me.

2. This one will make my Mum laugh.
When I was younger and often in the company of my Mum, people would remark upon our similar looks. Oh don't you look just like your Mum? It doesn't happen as often these days, but occasionally someone will raise their eyebrows in recognition. It used to give me the shits because I wanted to be ME, not a clone of my Mum. Now I find it quite flattering, she's aging very nicely and is a vibrant, happening individual.

3. I am an only child.
I am very attracted to people who are one of many siblings. I love to hear a good whinge or gripe about a sibling, or a story about a sibling that has annoyed everyone else in the big family. I find the interaction between my own two kids fascinating, their arguments quite puzzling and the fighting & rivalry almost unbearable at times.

4. Before I met my husband I never had the slightest desire to have kids, never thought I would.

5. D & I are both pedantic about spelling. I sometimes make spelling mistakes and of course D points out my error with glee, because that means he's smarter than I am. I don't agree, but I'm a good wifey & concede defeat. HA!!

6. When I was in Year 8, my girlfriend & I went on the 40 hour famine. I can barely go on...
We spent the 40 hours guzzling barley sugars and complaining about starvation, we collected the pledged donations...and we went to the shops and spent the money ON LOLLIES.
Oh God, the shame.
You'll be pleased to know that we got busted by my Mum when she found the donation book, and she paid the money to World Vision.

7. When I was 20, I was driving home from dinner at my Mum's with my best friend Kate. We had been friends since we were 12. I hit a tree & we were both critically injured. Kate later died from her injuries & I regained consciousness & went on to recover fully. There is so much more that could be said on this subject, but refer to Fact 1. I think I will leave it there.

8. I like sweeping the floor. I like the little crunchy piles of stuff building up and the floor becoming lovely & clean again. Sometimes I get distracted from picking the piles up & they get re-scattered. That's very annoying. D thinks I have a problem with domestic "follow through"


I am tagging
LucyKateCrafts
Anna
Jodi
Loulou




2 comments:

Anna said...

I'm doing my tagging now thanks! It's a bit scary. I don't think you're alone with the 40 hour famine thing. I had a friend in high school who spent her collection on clothes.

JK said...

God Emma, was chuckling my way through your tags and then got slammed by point 7!! I can't inagine the kind of pain you must have gone through. What a brave post.