Wednesday, September 19, 2007

coincidences

When I was 18, just out of school, I went on a trip to W.A. with some of my girlfriends.
We rented an apartment overlooking the beach at Cottesloe. It was very beautiful.
The next year I went on a BIG trip to Scotland, (my parents' birthplace) and visited my Grandad.
I had never met him before and I am the only grandchild in my Father's family. I waffled on to him about my trip to W.A. and he showed me a photograph of my Uncle John (deceased), taken at least 15 years earlier.
It was a photo of HIM, looking out of the SAME apartment window!
Whenever I think of this, I am totally freaked out.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow now that is a coincidence!!!what a great story!I was just talking to Angela on coincidences and decided to make a post on it too.So that is a coincidence again!
happy wednesday!
xoxo
PS I put a link on my weblog to your miss buttons post,I hope you don't mind?

Jacinta said...

THAT is incredible. Astounding. Amazing. No wonder it freaks you out.

Claire (ethel loves fred) said...

Wow - great story - I went to high school in Perth, I love Cottosloe Beach, had some amazing times at the CB Hotel as well (after High School!!)

Stacey said...

Wow, that is a coincidence.
Nice idea for a post.....