Friday, August 3, 2007

flashback fridays


Well the flu-fog is finally clearing. Thank goodness. Thanks to everyone who offered support and understanding. One great thing I did yesterday was fossick through some of the old photos at Mum's while I was wallowing in self-pity.
I've chosen this one for todays flashback because it's a beauty of an afro shot, big sunnies and high-waisted jeans. But it does have a hint of glamour too, something my Mum can bring to most outings.

5 comments:

Jacinta said...

Fantastic Hair! I had a perm as a teenager I choose to forget... hmmm. Do you remember those weird combs you had to use? Weren't they supposed to stop the hair going too frizzy? Never quite worked that out.

Anonymous said...

Love that hair too. I had a Maria Scheider perm (Last Tango in Paris) once. It looked great for a day and my mum confirmed that by telling me that I looked sexy. The next day it went flat. Even though I looked like a frump for six months my mother was much happier.

Also I can't believe how much you look like Pepper peeking out from behind your parents.

Helen said...

Look at that hair!!!! My Mum had a perm very similar! LOL

Anonymous said...

Forget the hair: how about those sunglasses!!

Lovely flashback, where was the pic taken?

Anonymous said...

go willie.....what a wild hairdo?? you should have re-adopted that look for the essaouira music festival in morocco, then you might have clocked up even more young suitors left flayling!!
emma...have to say this, your ma is one of the most amazing women i have ever had the pleasure to meet...love her dearly. i look forward to meeting you one day.....i think we are kindred spirits re fabric fetish and button love. saw your goods at lulu last week...gorgeous stuff. keep on creating creature!