Thursday, November 3, 2011

works just completed






This is what's been on my desk and round about. It's a happy, Springtime, girly and bright quilt that I thoroughly enjoyed making.
It all started when I was reading the Aunty Cookie blog one day where Shannon was describing her "you beaut" easy way to piece a cross pattern quilt. (must link back to her) Well I got that far and took a step further by randomly mixing and sewing the quarter cross blocks. I was torn really. I liked the bold cross pattern but I had uneven quantities of colours and couldn't quite get a mix that I was happy with, so I threw caution to the wind and chucked the pieces all over the floor and went crazy from there. I went to Spotty and one of the staff walked in front of me to shelve the green fabric. I took one look at it and had an "aha" moment. As far as I'm concerned it perfectly married all the front block pieces together. A bit of chunky straight stitching in the ditch and it was finished!
For a special friend.
For Christmas.
So it's a secret.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: