Tuesday, November 1, 2011
Halloween
The 'hood has well and truly adopted Halloween as a great opportunity to get together and let our street urchins run riot, like in the olden days when we were youngsters. I thought I had made plenty of GingerDEAD men but there were a couple of waves of trick or treaters and luckily we had plenty of eyeballs to follow up with. Hope they went straight into mouths because I don't think they will have survived well in the bottom of a lolly bag!
Mackie did a stirling job of carving the pumpkin. It's the first time we have tried it. His skill with cutting stencils came to the fore.
Pepper had no school yesterday so she was put into service making poffertjes which we iced and food dyed to make delicious but rather sticky eyeballs.
Gross looking fingers were puff pastry smeared with Nutella and ground almonds then rolled and baked. They were very yummy indeed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment