

You may have heard mention of the Utter Puffery hairclips, elastic and badges I make (from me of course, because if you don't love your own product...who will?)
Well today has been ridiculously hot, so hot that the only thing for it is to hunker down at my Mum's place where there is aircon, with many dvds and a daughter who has now turned ELEVEN!!! Gee, she is pretty bloody ace if I do say so myself.
So, I thought it was high time to bulk up my collection of yo-yos which are the basis for the clippy-bits & pieces. I was reflecting on my tiny empire and I think I can safely say that I have sewn, by my own fair hand, an alarming number of yo-yos. Each individual clip or elastic has 3 hand sewn puffs on it. They sell in pairs, making 6 per pair. I was adding up the number of pairs I have sold in a retail situation and that makes around 6500 yo-yos, not including all the pairs I have made and sold or given to friends.
How is it that I can still stand to lift a needle and thread I wonder?
Geez it's hot.
Then I remembered the few hundred I sewed for the Melbourne Cup Marquee project!
I am insane.
2 comments:
And what beautiful puffs they are!
As modelled here by their biggest fan http://violetandroseblog.blogspot.com/2010/01/dressing-nine-year-old.html
Happy 11th to your ace daughter. Your puffs are very lovely.
Post a Comment