Wednesday, May 6, 2009

praise

Have you ever written a letter to praise the actions of someone you don't really know? Have you ever felt so happy with customer service that you were compelled to seek out the manager or superior of the staff member to draw attention to their exceptional work?
I (not so) secretly wish for such a letter to be forwarded to my boss.
Well, tonight I went to the CONNEX website to fill in a customer feedback form.
I wish to lavish praise upon the wonderful woman who works the morning peak hour on our train platform.
She says hello to everyone as they pass through the gates onto the platform. Sometimes she decorates the whiteboard with cooking tips. Often she write up some cheery little quote to get us thinking or put a smile on our faces. I feel as if she has personally made the morning rush at our station into some micro community instead of a scowling, grumpy mass of Connex haters. She updates the information regarding train times and will run down the ramp to urge folks on if she knows the next train is going to be late.
She blows the whistle....and yells ALL ABOARD!!!!
She is the human face of Melbourne public transport.

No comments: