Wednesday, April 22, 2009

blah-dy blah blah


I'm a bit sick of my blog.
I hardly ever get any comments, I feel as if it's boring.
I don't make enough stuff to jazz it up. Maybe instead of blogging, I should be making lovely wonderful exciting things and doing other "good works", der...
We are in the process of preparing to renovate. It is seriously shitting me already and we have barely started.
We have paid for all the plans, engineering drawings, council permits etc.
We haven't yet found a builder.
It's an upstairs job, so we will have to move out. It will take a long time. It will cost a lotta dosh.
I am such a homebody. I don't want to move out even for a little while.
I love our street, our neighbours (everybody needs good ones), the proximity to all the places I want to go. It's a community, goddamn it. I like knowing lots of people around, at the shops, on the train platform, at the school.
What if it will cost less to SELL our house and buy another house? What if we pay lots of money to make our house FLASH and desirable, put our stuff in storage to make it look super-roomy, endure the open for expectations; it doesn't sell despite all the wafting smells of cooking muffins and fresh flowers, we have to move out to a far away suburb in order to afford to buy? What if we never meet our neighbours behind their 7 ft high brick walls, we have to change the kids schools, we have to DRIVE everywhere we want to go?

What if we don't renovate and our kids (one of each kind) have to SHARE a bedroom until they are 35 & 37 years old? They will likely never get a girlfriend/boyfriend and therefore NEVER move out. I can only keep up my meddling, control-freakish ways for SO long. I'm thinking 10 more years MAX!

Head exploding..... NOW!!!!!

6 comments:

Kate said...

I understand that feeling of not wanting to move out - but it will be better in the end. You have thought more than us - we have 3 kids in one room and it's going to get ugly really fast.

Stomper Girl said...

Cheer up love, change is scary but you will get through!

Sal Rosevear said...

Hey Em.

No 'jazzing up' of your blog required.

From someone who lives vicariously through your wonderful style and craft ability I must say that I love your blog even more so for your words! I promise to let you know when I occasionally show myself in to your blog room and snoop around. It was probably a little rude to help myself to your creativity without saying 'thanks' for the joy it gives.

And hey, it's always interesting to see what comes out of unwanted change. Hang in there hon.

Sal x

Jo said...

I'm hearing you!

I think I have unofficially retired my blog. but I'm not really sure.

And as for the house, I feel your pain. We have been living in four rooms for 18 months while we extended out the back. We have just moved back into it, but it's not 100% finished and probably never will be. And now we have to go back and do the front. So, we should talk house stuff. Friday's. You know where to find me.

Angela said...

I have lurked long enough time to make a comment. Am in the same scenario with the house and kids -but I'm in the position where I can procrastinate a bit longer. Said kids are 2 and 5 yoa. I feel sick at the thought of renovating but don't want to move away from this area as have started school and all the rest of it. I will be looking to you for tidbits of wit and wisdom through your experience.

Jacinta said...

Some days, some weeks, and even some months it is difficult to find inspiration to blog. And then I go and visit others and their creativity is often the motivation I need to keep going.
You are one of the people I visit often (even though I don't always leave a comment) and I would be sad to see you go.

SO. Renovate the house and stay in your lovely neigbourhood and do the same with your blog, if you think you need to... but please don't move away!