Sunday, March 29, 2009

yippity-doo-dah

I finally finished my pink and pretty quilt. While the kids were out visiting their friends and D was master of the washing line and the chief shopping list writer, I stitched on...and on...and on!

And it is done. I named this quilt Lorna. It was already on the go when I heard that my friend's wonderful mother had died. She was the sunniest, smiliest and friendliest Mum around. She loved her own bit of craft and tried her hand at many many different projects, quilting included.

Later when the horrible finality of clearing out her home and belongings was under way, my friend asked whether I would be able to use any of her leftover fabrics. Well, der...of course I could! As it happened, there was only one fabric that caught my eye. It was a soft limey green silky curtainish fabric and it jumped right out and became one of the many square blocks in my quilt.

So for Lorna, thank you for your inspiration and I will surely take some photos for blogging tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jo in TAS said...

Can't wait to see a pic of the finished "Lorna"!
Thanks for popping by my blog too!