
Mackie can be very wacky at times. He loves looking at himself in the mirror. He makes faces then looks away and tries to catch himself making the face...to surprise himself?? He can do it for ages. Sometimes I start to get a bit worried. He is nearly 12 after all.
He totally cracks up at the faces he makes. It's as if the nutcase in the mirror is someone completely different. He checks to see what he looks like when he's waggling his head around like a sock puppet.
He predictably looks pretty stoopid, that makes him laugh all the more.
He makes up songs. He makes up character names and language and characteristics to go with them. "Chay" is a regular visitor. I'm thinking "SYBIL" at this point. There are a heap of words that go along with "Chay" like "chinny" and "chodos". The kids both crack themselves and eachother up with this flight of fancy, but Mackie is really the leader of the imaginitis.
Yesterday before school he made up this song. It was to the tune of something totally cheesy and musak-y which I couldn't quite put my finger on. As he was singing it, he was writing it down on the whiteboard for posterity, just in case it becomes his literary watershed.
I took a photo of it because I am continually bewildered by his unusual and offbeat creativity.
It's nonsense verse like Jabberwocky. Who's to say it won't be a classic in years to come?
2 comments:
That is great. My 11 year old does the same thing with faces. I have to catch myself and not always tell him, "would you quit looking at yourself!" hahahaha
Hi Em, Merry Xmas to you too.
Yeah, it's felt really good to be so engaged with making lately (good for the soul, I think) Your revamped blog is looking really good btw
Post a Comment