Monday, July 28, 2008

Getting ready to say goodbye


lanterns
Originally uploaded by stellefilanti



Just found this beautiful photo on flickr. It makes me think about the impending heartache of D leaving for China.
He is part of a small Australian contingent(our mates), responsible for theming and audio-visually organising the corporate hospitality/entertaining suites for a major sponsor of the GAMES.
He is leaving on Saturday midnight for three weeks. Oh, I am going to miss him so much, but he won't have a minute free to scratch himself!
In other more chirpy news, I officially crossed the threshold to 40 in front of family and friends on Saturday. I think I was kidding myself when I proposed a tea-party. We had all the right stuff, but only three cups of tea and one cup of coffee were consumed.
My legendary friend Rachel was the backbone of the party, mixing and pouring Pimms punch for all...with aplomb (because that's such a nice word). Heating and serving delicious treats like fishcakes and spanakopita and sausage rolls.
Rachel's husband was on THAT FLIGHT that experienced some major difficulties on Friday. Rachel kept herself busy making my birthday party sensational. I don't know how she did it..but I love her for it!
Michael & Belinda opened their home for the party, so generously, and made sure everything was just beautiful.
There are so many people to thank but I think I'll try to do it face to face as much as possible. Everyone who brought a plate outdid themselves with deliciousness and scrumptiosity! Yum.
I had a great day, thank you everyone!

1 comment:

Bird Bath said...

happy birthday...sounds like you were well looked after :)
Hopefully the three weeks don't go too slowly for you.