Friday, May 2, 2008

better



Thanks for your well wishes. I am back to rude health after my mystery ailment. I recovered by Thursday after having an E.C.G. and a visit with Dr.Brad. Who knows what that was all about? Best guesses are 1. muscular, 2. dunno.
On the Anzac Day weekend we skipped off with our good mates Nic, Adam & their darlings Olly & Fletcher, down to stay in a groovy architect designed holiday house at Cape Woolamai. There was an architect's booklet of inspiration for the design of the house and all we could work out from that was that they designed the house based on the image of a dead penguin frozen in a block of ice! Such philistines we are. It was called the Penguin House,(also labelled "love-nasium" in the drawings!) and it was a great weekend of fun & food & a monster walk (which went a couple of hours longer than anticipated because we got LOST)
Then back to reality again.
I'm just feeling so uninspired. Well I'm looking at other peoples' fabbo creations and then at my fabric stash and my collection of beautiful crafty books and just thinking....WHAT?? What can I make?
I bought Amy Karol's gorgeous book called Bend The Rules Sewing
and I'm thinking..is this meant to be easy enough for beginners and those "slap-dash" types like me? Because I don't know that I'm really "getting" the instructions. I think this may be indicative of my crafting mojo at the moment. I know I'm not stooopid. I've made lots of lovely things before, things that I've been proud to claim responsibility for, but recently the will to craft is gone.
The will to blog is seriously flagging also, can you tell? I hope to get it back. All of it. And to make something nice sometime soon. My cousin is having a baby soon and if anything can put a rocket up me, that can. Gotta get started soon.
Tomorrow night I'm going to see a band that I used to LOVE seeing live in the olden days. I thought it had been a while..then I heard the ad on radio for the show. EIGHTEEN YEARS since their last performance. My giddy aunt..how OLD am I? I'm a bit frightened to see the rest of the audience, let alone the band. Zimmer frame anyone?

No comments: