Thursday, April 3, 2008

easter fun



I've been neglecting my blog lately.
My excuse is school holidays as usual..that combined with a terminally dropping out modem.
We've had such a great time recently. Especially our Easter break with four other families. The past couple of years we have been camping, and one wonderful organizer gets us all, let's just say..organized. This year she was organizing some other unimportant stuff (in Beijing, sometime around August) so we fell in a heap. We did the slackest bit of camping EVER. Camped on a property in Maldon with a full house at our disposal for the cooking & cleaning requirements.
There are 10 adults and 10 squids, ours being the eldest. We brought up SO much food it was ridiculous. At one stage on Sunday morning I tried to take inventory to plan our next meal and discovered that we had entirely filled a big wide shelf in this deluxe fridge with CHEESE. All sorts, at least five types of brie, aged cheddar, a bit of blue, bog-standard tasty. Needless to say we did not go "without" over the choc-weekend.
As a hot-cross bun devotee (I won't touch one until Good Friday) I managed to scoff about a half dozen. We drank copious quantities of luscious red wine, and a few "duty-free Orgasms".
Apart from one extremely strenuous walk up a rocky track to the fire-tower, with kids in tow, we pretty much blobbed from one divine meal to the next.
I did make a few clips for the littlies, and bulked up my stash of "puffs", but really it was a bludge and I loved every minute! Here are a couple of photos of my minor models.

1 comment:

LBA said...

God, that sounds *divine* !!

Although I am wondering who was doing all the cooking .. and specifically the WSHING-UP ! ( ugh ! )

I hope said house came with dishwasher ?