



I'm supposed to be packing the car for camping this weekend..but it's pretty organized really I think. But it's been a while since I blogged so I thought I'd rearrange my priorities a little.
Of course then I had to download photos off the camera..taking longer. Washing needs to go on the line. I'm starving. What books will I take?
Okay here are a few pics not related to anything specific.
The stunning red roses are a variety that looks as if white paint has been splattered on the petals. I LOVE them. I gave them to Mum last week for facilitating the use of the Volvulator. She can help a gal in a fix EVERYTIME!
The white roses I pinched from my neighbours garden. They have gone away for a year and I noticed the bushes weighed down with these gorgeous blooms. I was doing a community service, wasn't I? D was a little sceptical.
This little green, tree climbing dog was also a friendly treat for my Mum. He's got two different faces. Guess why? Well, I sewed the back & front together with the eyes on one side and the nose on the other. I was trying to make the best of a bad situation, thus the two-faced dog.
He's a friend for Steve the cat, made from a pattern in Denyse Schmidt's wonderful Quilt book.
I really should do some packing work, I'm feeling a tad guilty.
5 comments:
The striped roses are just gorgeous. I always think they look more like camellias than roses (especially when they are fully out).
As for picking the white ones, you are definitely doing the neighbours a favour as they only flower on new growth - picking equals pruning. You're such a good neighbour....
So you're jumping straight back on the horse, then? :-)
(Our camping trip to Cape C ended with rain, sick children, and a paralysis tick.)
Where are you off to this time?
P.S. I saw the scorch marks on the road in Orbost!
The flowers are beautiful. The neighbours would be disappointed if they thought they weren't being enjoyed by someone. And why not you? It makes sense to me! Hope you have a great week-end.
I'm sure those roses are Rosa Mundi. Mum grew them in her garden, they're lovely. :o)
Post a Comment