




Christmas was so lovely.
We took a trip in to town to see the Myer windows on the Sunday before. What a fantastic job they have done to bring to life a gorgeous book, Uno's Garden by Graeme Base. Well done Lisa & Liz among others! We walked through Union Place & took a couple of photos of the cheeky kids in the graffiti.
We stayed to watch the Fed Square Advent Calendar show, which was ok. It's amazing & great to see the city being so enthusiastically embraced by families.
On the day...
Even though the kids are 8 & 10, they still woke at 6.04am to check out their goodies from Santa.
They were so excited to rip into the confection of gifts under the tree. Sadly..there are always a couple of snapshots taken that include the bleary-eyed parents smiling wanly. (me)
I won't show you those!
The day itself was delightful, no scandal or disaster and I even managed to keep myself noice, despite the intake of Champagne.
After lunch, there was an onslaught of frenzied unwrapping, culminating in the unveiling of THE ULTIMATE PRESENT!!! Given to D & I, and the kids together, from my parents, was a Wii !!
I'm not really all that keen on these new-fangled thingamy-jiggers, but it's so much fun!!
The expressions on the kids faces was absolutely priceless & really made my day.
Pepper has had her nose in a book most days since Christmas & for Mackie it's all about the Wii.
From D & I they scored some roller blades and due to strange circumstances.. we now have a pair each! Some much more comfortable than others. I can only imagine how tragic the four of us look wobbling down the street to the park.
I have finished the baby quilt for my oldest friend's first baby. Now she can give birth. Of course I made her wait with legs crossed until I finished. I'm pretty pleased with the result, but I can't get a GOOD photo of it.
Have I mentioned that my 20year old sewing machine carked it? My sewing needs are not huge or complex, so I was extremely excited when my Mum called me on Dec 30th from ALDI of all places and said "I have found a machine at Aldi for $99.00. Do you want it? It has a One Year Warantee!" Yes, yes, yes!!!!!
So far I have appliqued some fabric from a pair of D's defunct boxer shorts on to a t-shirt that someone (who did me wrong) gave me. How deserving of eachother they are! HA!
No comments:
Post a Comment