
When I was a gal of around 9, my mum showed me how to make random scraps of fabric into puffs. (later I discovered they were called Suffolk Puffs or YoYos) These I obsessively cut and sewed until I had enough to make a little clown. He had wobbly strings of puffs sewn together one on top of another to make arms and legs, then another string of LARGER puffs sewn together to make his body. He had tiny bells on the ends so he tinkled merrily, and I remember having great difficulty making his face. I think maybe I lost interest at that point.
A few months ago after completing a quilt project with great satisfaction, I decided to sort the frightening fabric scrap collection out. There were so many teensy, tiny but lovely bits that I got sidetracked somewhat into revisiting the puff obsession.
Oh my...has it blown out of all proportion!!??!! This photo is a mere week into the sickness, I can hardly bear to reveal the true extent of my puff addiction.
4 comments:
I made exactly the same clown when I was in primary school. Thankfully I have not returned to the obsession, however, now that you mention it, I do have a few scraps of material around somewhere...
Wow that's a lot of puff!! I have just ordered a mini yo-yo maker, a heart shaped yo-yo maker and a flower shaped yo-yo maker - so I expect I could build an impressive pile up like yours. I would love a quilt made out of them - maybe a doll quilt is do-able!
Louise,
I'm not sure about these new-fangled technological thingumyjiggers. I just use ye olde needle and thread. Maybe once you get going, we should have a "PUFF-OFF"
Far out, do you mean to say you made all those puffs in one week?? That is mind-boggling!!!!
Post a Comment